To be cooked and enjoyed when you are suffering from a horrible hangover,
and you want to sober up, clear up, and start the day afresh…
Honey is nature’s energy booster, and especially good for hangovers because it has
a mix of natural sugars that speeds up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver, acting as
a ‘sobering’ agent. Because of it’s anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties,
honey also soothes sore throats, kills infection-causing bacteria,
and boosts the immune system.
“Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk.
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!” (Ernest Hemingway)
“Only Human” (Jason Mraz)
- Chicken nibbles (1kg)
- Onions (2 medium sized)
- Soy sauce (1 cup + splash)
- Honey (3 heaped tbsp)
- Coke (1/2 cup)
- Sesame oil (1/2 cup + splash)
- Sesame seeds (2 tbsp)
- Fresh chill (1 tsp)
- Crushed garlic (2 tbsp)
- Crushed ginger (1 tbsp)
- Plain flour (1 tbsp)
- Eggs (2 free range)
- Five grain rice
- Spring onion (sliced)
- Frozen veges (I like peas & corn, but you can use whatever you’ve got!)
- Fish sauce (splash)
- In a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, coke, sesame oil, sesame seeds, fresh chill, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, flour and mix together.
- Slice the onions very thinly and add to the mixture.
- Put 2 to 3 incisions on each side of every nibble before putting them into the mixture.
- Make sure there is enough liquid covering the chicken, and if not, increase the sauce mixture.
- Cover with wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, fan-forced.
- Turn the rice cooker on with the amount of rice the four of you want to eat.
- While the oven is heating, lay the chicken single-layer into an oven tray/dish.
- Put the chicken into the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is getting yummy, crack the 2 eggs into a bowl.
- Add the spring onions, some frozen veges, and some soy sauce and fish sauce (season to your taste) to the bowl, and whisk until the egg is mixed.
- Put the cooked rice into a wok or deep pan with a good helping of sesame oil.
- Add the egg mixture, and fold in without making the whole thing mushy.
- Serve the rice in 4 bowls, and the chicken in a rounded dish.