You can also watch this episode on YouTube: http://youtu.be/tn_rE-MYXrE
Have you got BUTTERFLIES IN YOUR STOMACH? Well, I’ve got the perfect meal to help you calm those wings! My Mustard Cream Mushroom Steak with a Chocolate Balsamic Salad will do the trick. Watch the episode and find out how & why!
Plus, exciting duet by my good friends Rupert and Verity Mackintosh, performing Rupert’s original song “If You Were Waiting” (c) Words & Music by Rupert Mackintosh.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- Chicken stock (1/3 cups)
- Scotch Fillet (2-4 steaks)
- Button mushrooms (about 150g, sliced thickly)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Crushed garlic (1 tbsp)
- Dry white wine (1/3 cup)
- Wholegrain mustard (1 heaped tbsp)
- Cream (1 cup)
- Thyme (1 tbsp)
- Flour (optional)
- Salad greens (as much as you want for 4 people)
- Mango (1x, diced)
- Pomegranate seeds (from 1x pomegranate)
- Dark chocolate (50g)
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp of butter, crushed garlic, and mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are nice and golden, add the dry white wine and wholegrain mustard.
- When the alcoholic smell of the wine has cooked away, add 1/3 cup of chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, and add the thyme and cream. Leave to simmer.
- If the sauce is too watery, you may wish to add some flour to thicken it up a bit.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining butter (or bacon drippings if you have it!) and cook the steaks to your liking. Remember the meat continues to cook for a while after you turn the element off, so it pays to undercook it just a little bit.
- Prepare the salad dressing by melting the dark chocolate with a little bit of water in the microwave. About 30 seconds should do it, but make sure you don’t burn it. Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the chocolate and mix together.
- Prepare the salad by dispersing the diced mangoes and pomegranate seeds leisurely over the salad greens. Drizzle the chocolate balsamic salad on top.
- Serve the mustard cream mushrooms on the top of the steak and enjoy together with the salad!