You can also watch this episode on YouTube: http://youtu.be/77ueJtpLNyM
Do you have an exam coming up? A presentation at work? Life in general STRESSING you out?! Well never fear – there’s a meal for that! Join me as I make Homemade Pesto Prawns & some deliciously sweet Melon Kebabs. While you’re at it, find out how and why this scrummy meal will wash all those stresses away 🙂
Plus, my youngest sister Joyce Kim performing an original song “Pebble In Your Shoe” (c) Words & Music by Joyce Kim.
Homemade Basil Pesto Prawns
- Sweet Basil leaves (2 cups) (if you have enough, you can just use 3 cups of Basil and no parsley)
- Parsley (1 cup)
- Parmesano Reggiano cheese (1 cup, grated)
- Pecorino Romano cheese (1 cup, grated)
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Pine nuts (1/4 cup)
- Pistachio nuts (1/4 cup)
- Extra virgin olive oil (3-4 tbsp) (you may use more if you like it creamier)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
- Prawns (2 cups, shelled)
- Okra (2 large handfuls, with stalky bits cut off)
- Coconut oil (1 tbsp) (you may choose to cook with a different oil if you prefer)
- In a strong food processor (or use a hand held power mixer in a bowl), add the nuts, cheeses, pepper, garlic and a handful of herbs. Give it a good whizz in the processor.
- Gradually add handfuls of the herbs & olive oil in between whizzing, until the pesto becomes a green and creamy consistency.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and when heated – add the prawns and okra.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the pesto into the pan (or more if you reallyyyy like pesto) and cook until the sticky starchy insides of the okra have come out and mixed with the pesto; and the prawns have turned pinky orange.
- Serve warm just as is, or with some warm toasted bread or even some pasta!
- Chocolate syrup or Melted chocolate
- Condensed milk
- Parched peanut powder
- Dessicated/dry coconut
- Melon ball scoop & Wooden skewers
- Clean out the insides of the melon/cantaloupe and scoop out cute little balls using a melon ball scoop.
- Skewer 4 melon balls onto each wooden skewer and place on a plate
- Coat some of the melon balls with chocolate, and some with condensed milk
- Sprinkle peanut powder and dessicated coconut on top of the chocolate/condensed milk in any combination you like.
- Serve immediately!