- Dark chocolate (150g)
- Milk chocolate (150g)
- Butter (50g)
- Baileys cream liqueur (2 shots)
- Condensed milk (2 tbsp)
- Frosties cornflakes (1.5 cups)
- Ready salted potato chips (1.5 cups, crumbled using your hands)
- Cupcake cases (approx 13) (optional)
- Boil some water in a pot, then put a heatproof bowl on top of the pot without the bottom of the bowl touching the water.
- Add the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and butter to the bowl and mix around till it has all melted into a gooey mixture.
- Take the bowl off the heat and let it cool a little bit. Be careful when you’re taking the bowl off the pot because there will be steam trapped inside the pot, which could burn you!
- When it’s cooled down but still warm, mix in the Baileys cream liqueur and condensed milk.
- Then add the Frosties cornflakes, and the Ready salted potato chips and fold it into the chocolate mixture carefully. You don’t want to mush up all the crunchy cornflakey & chippy bits!
- (I always find I get quite a bit of salt on my hands after having crumbled the potato chips. Don’t forget to dust off that yummy salt into the chocolate mixture! hehe)
- Then spoon the crunchy chocolate mixture into little cupcake cases, or just in little mounds if you don’t have cupcake cases.
- Put them in the fridge at least for several hours before serving
This week I brought the most gorgeous wee French bulldog puppy home as the newest member of the family. Yoda melts the coldest crevices of my heart with a mere glance. I think Mother Nature filled his soul jar up withsweet gooey honey. But with this heavenly creature comes the salty reality that I have now been charged with the responsibility of his life & wellbeing.
Man! Put like that, it makes the responsibility of raising a puppy a hugely daunting one. Will I be patient enough, persistent enough, dedicated enough, caring enough, or loving enough to provide the environment in which this wee puppy can grow to be a well-balanced and happy dog? Does the salty taste of responsibility overpower thesweetness of being loved unconditionally by a beautiful wee soul?
Despite the sleep deprivation (potty training Yoda involves taking him outside for PnP sessions every 60 minutes during the day and every few hours during the night!) and despite the fact that I now need to plan my days around his food & toilet sessions, I have found that the sacrifices & benefits (strangely enough!) marry incredibly well together. The fact that it’s so bloody difficult to discipline him (cuz all you really wanna do is snuggle & smother him in kisses) actually makes the satisfaction that much sweeter when he finally learns a command or trick.
I feel like this yummy treat has the same strange effect. Who would have thought the salty twang of potato chips and the sweet creaminess of chocolate would make such a blissful match?!
Now I know too much sugar and salt in our diets is not good for our bodies, but apart from tasting divine together – also keep in mind that sugar can help to provide a temporary energy burst; and at a fundamental level, our bodies are walking, breathing salty oceans. Without salt, we could not exist!
Don’t judge – just try it out; and maybe you’ll be welcoming beautiful puppies into your lives soon too!