This episode can also be watched on YouTube: http://youtu.be/NPB-zDWWxpk
Are you IN LOVE?
If you are, here’s the meal you should eat; the song you should listen to; and the quotes you should ponder.
HOW WILL THIS MEAL FEED MY BODY?
Because fish and seafood is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, and these acids help to maintain a regular heartbeat & even heaps lower the risk of heart attack. When you’re in love and your heart is doing crazy buggers, I reckon this is hugely helpful!
What’s more, fish and seafood help keep your teeth and skin healthy and shiny because of their high levels of vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Zinc, and Potassium. And who doesn’t want nice teeth & skin to show off to the one you’re in love with? Especially when you can’t wipe that goofy full-toothed smile of your face!
WHICH QUOTES WILL FEED MY MIND?
“You know you are in love when you can’t fall asleep… because reality is finally better than your dreams.” (Dr Seuss)
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” (Helen Keller)
“In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.” (Mignon McLaughlin)
WHICH SONG WILL FEED MY SOUL?
Verity and Rupert Mackintosh from New Zealand are the beautiful couple singing Harvest Moon by Neil Young in this episode!
(This photo is made with leeks instead of red onions. If you have have them in your country (in Taiwan I can’t seem to find any), you can also try this recipe using leeks instead of red onions. Both are yum yummy!)
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- Tilapia or any other fish you like (3-4 fillets)
- Scallops (approx 12x)
- Red onions (2x medium sized, diced)
- Sour cream (2.5 tsbp)
- Flour (1 tbsp)
- Fresh chilli (1x small fiery one)
- Chicken stock powder (1 tbsp)
- Your favourite type of pasta (1-2 cups)
- Butter (generous dollop!)
- Lemon wedges
- Dill or Parsley (whichever you have or prefer – to garnish)
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream and flour together, and leave it to the side.
- In a big skillet, cook the diced red onions in butter until they are soft and lost a lot of their intense red colour.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the skillet with the chicken stock and 1/2 cup of water.
- When the sour cream is mixed in with the stock and looking creamy, add the tilapia fillets and scallops to the skillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tilapia and scallops and let them cook in the creamy sauce until done. (Be careful not to overcook the fish and scallops!)
- Garnish with parsley or dill (whichever you have!) and serve with squeezed lemon wedges.
- ENJOY! ^.^