You can also watch this episode on YouTube: http://youtu.be/jYSOpFGL5D0
Wow! It’s already the Season 1 Finale for Graci In The Kitchen, and what an amazing journey it’s been. I feel extremely LUCKY to be doing what I love, and honoured that you guys take time out of your busy schedules to come watch the show. To celebrate all this luck, my friends and I are going to have a “pot-LUCK” (hehe) and then test out our luck on some board games. I’m making Spicy Korean Pan-Fried Pork & Oreo Smores, so come watch and help me celebrate a successful Season 1 of GITK!
Rhymes: (c) Tai Mesches
Graci In the Kitchen is a cooking show with a twist! Join Graci as she picks a mood, and then explores how we can feed the body, mind, and soul when we’re feeling this way.
PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE FOR SEASON 2 OF GITK IN 2013 🙂
SPICY KOREAN PAN-FRIED PORK:
- Pork (2-3 cups, preferably pork belly, thinly sliced)
- Carrot (1 small sized, cut into baby finger sized pieces)
- Okra (7-10 medium sized, cut in half)
- Baby corn (handful)
- Gochujang – Korean chilli paste (3 tbsp)
- Cooking wine (3 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Crushed garlic (2 tbsp)
- Crushed apple (2 tbsp)
- Oyster sauce (1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Sesame oil (1 tbsp)
- Rice (to be served with pork dish)
- In a big bowl, add the pork, baby corn, carrot, okra, and all ingredients for the marinade; and mix together using your hand. I usually put a disposable glove on before squishing everything together.
- Cover with wrap and put in the fridge overnight or for as long as you have time for.
- In a deep pan or wok, add the marinated meat/veges and cook until the pork is cooked.
- Serve with warm rice!
- Oreos (the non-black ones!)
- Dark chocolate (I like the sea salt dark chocolate – yummy..)
- Big marshmallows
- Peanut butter (smooth)
- Cupcake cases
- Pull apart an oreo cookie, and place one sandwich side into a cupcake case.
- Put a piece of chocolate on top of the oreo.
- Slather a bit of peanut butter on either end of a big marshmallow, then wedgey it on top of the chocolate.
- Then sandwich the entire thing together by putting the other side of the oreo on top.
- Put it in the oven at approx 170 degrees celcius for 15 minutes for the marshmallow to melt.
- Serve while warm (but not straight from the oven because it will burn your tongue!)