This episode can also be watched on YouTube: http://youtu.be/5mDdkitiBJY
Feeling fat? When I’m having a fat day, I like to eat salmon because it stimulates your metabolism 3-4 times more than carbs or fat. So you take in fewer calories and instead burn more. Plus, it’s carb-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and guilt-free. So when you’re having a fat day, try this recipe out!
For the full recipe and more, go to http://GraciInTheKitchen.com
Location: Addiction Aquatic Development, Zhongshan, Taipei, Taiwan.
PRESENTER/PRODUCER: Graci Kim.
EXC PRODUCER: Verity Mackintosh.
HAIR/MAKEUP: Kimora Lee Hair.
WARDROBE: Lin Dian Jen.
MUSIC: Opening Titles: Life is good 2; Location: Magic marker; Recipe/Quote: Monks; Kitchen: Monks; Closing Sequence: Play with me 2
Mustard Almond Salmon & King Oyster Mushrooms
– Salmon steaks (1 per person)
– Wholegrain mustard (1 tbsp per steak)
– Sliced almonds (1/3 cup)
– King oyster mushrooms (4-5, sliced lengthways)
– Olive oil
– Sesame oil (2 tbsp)
– Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
– Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
– Chilli (1 medium, chopped)
(1) Lay the salmon steaks, skin side down on a lined baking tray.
(2) Slather wholegrain mustard on each steak. Then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
(3) Put in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 10-20 minutes until salmon is cooked.
(4) While salmon is in the oven, add a glug of olive to a large flat pan. When warm, add sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and chilli.
(5) Keep pan at a low heat, and place mushroom slices onto the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
(6) Cook on both sides until mushroom slices are soft and juicy.
(7) Serve mushrooms together with salmon steak. Nom nom !