This episode can also be watched on YouTube: http://youtu.be/IgYNxoT0k2g
Feeling Freaky? Halloween is always a great excuse to put a spooky costume not only on yourself but also your food. Here’s a disguistingly tasty way to disguise your mouthwatering brownies into a cat’s litterbox. Prepare to watch your friends squirm!
Presenter/Producer: Graci Kim
Exec Producer: Verity Mackintosh
Hair/Makeup: Kimora Lee Hair
Wardrobe: Lin Dian Jen – aka Dijon
Friend: Kimora Lee
- Litterbox & litterbox spade
- Sponge cake (storebought is fine)
- Fresh cream (up to 2 cups)
- Honey (a good squeeze)
- Ricies (or any other cereal that could look like cat litter)
- Whittakers Dark Ghana or your favourite dark chocolate (250g)
- Butter (150g)
- Brown sugar (1 cup)
- Eggs (2x)
- Flour (1/2 cup)
(1) Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan and cover it with a heatproof bowl, but don’t let the bowl touch the water.
(2) When the water starts to simmer, break the Whittakers Dark Ghana chocolate into chunks and add with butter to the bowl. Use a wooden spatula and gently fold until molten into a liquid.
(3) In a separate large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs.
(4) Add the chocolate butter mixture to the sugar and egg mixture. Then add flour and fold in.
(5) Pour the combined mixture into a baking tin (lined with parchment/baking paper) and bake at 170 degrees celcius (around 340 farenheit) for 25-35 minutes, depending on how moist you like your brownies.
(6) While brownies are in the oven, lay the sponge cake in an even layer in the litterbox.
(7) Pour the fresh cream on top of the sponge cake to moisten it but don’t drown the cake.
(8) In a separate bowl, add a squeeze of honey to Ricies or your chosen cereal. Squish with your hands and then spread over the litterbox to look like cat litter. Sprinkle more cereal on top as required.
(9) When the brownies are done, carefully take the baking paper out of the tin and lay on a flat surface. Use a knife to quickly mark the size of the brownies you want.
(10) When the brownies are cooled down enough to be able to touch, mould each piece into the shape of a cat poo and place on top of the Ricies cereal bed. Place the litterbox spade on top.
(11) Be awesomely disguisted !