This episode can also be watched on YouTube: http://youtu.be/11SXTgIc52Y
Feeling unwell? When I’m unwell, I think of home. So let me show you how my family uses kimchi and mackerel to make a delicious healing soup. It works because both kimchi & mackerel strengthen our immune system and helps us fight infections. Next time you’re unwell, give this a go!
Presenter/Producer: Graci Kim
Exec Producer: Verity Mackintosh
Hair/Makeup: Kimora Lee Hair
Wardrobe: Lin Dian Jen – aka Dijon
Friend: Maggie Foucault
KOREAN KIMCHI MACKEREL SOUP
- Well-fermented kimchi (500g)
- Sesame oil (a glug)
- Brown sugar (1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Oyster sauce (1 tbsp)
- Canned Mackerel (1 can)
- Spring onion (2-3 stalks, cut into matchstick lengths)
(1) In a large saucepan, add a good squeeze of sesame oil and saute the kimchi until the sesame oil has evaporated.
(2) Add 2-3 cups of water to comfortably cover the kimchi.
(3) Add brown sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir into the soup.
(4) Add the entire contents of a can of mackerel and let the soup boil.
(5) After approx 10 minutes, add the spring onion and turn the heat off.
(6) Serve with warm rice.