This episode can also be watched on YouTube: http://youtu.be/mxco6NhoPXQ
Feeling depressed? When I’m depressed I like to use eggs to make a special Taiwan-inspired pancake pizza. Why? Because pizzas always cheer me up, and also because eggs are rich in B vitamins that help lessen the severity of depression symptoms. If you’re feeling a bit blue, give this dish a whirl!
For the full recipe and more, go to http://GraciInTheKitchen.com
PRESENTER/PRODUCER: Graci Kim.
EXC PRODUCER: Verity Mackintosh.
HAIR/MAKEUP: Kimora Lee Hair.
WARDROBE: Lin Dian Jen.
LOCATION: HePing fresh market. HePing breakfast stall.
Opening Titles: Life is good 2
Location: Magic marker
Closing Sequence: Play with me 2
TAIWANESE EGG PANCAKE PIZZAS
– Flour (1 cup)
– Salt (1/2 tsp)
– Cooking oil (1 tbsp)
– Hot water (1/4 cup)
Egg Pizza Topping
– Eggs (5 medium)
– Salt (1/2 tsp)
– Spring onion (4-5 stalks, chopped)
– Mozzarella cheese (1/3 cup)
– Tomato paste (1 tbsp)
– Prosciutto (3-4 slices, chopped)
– Cooking oil
(1) In a bowl, add flour, salt, cooking oil and hot water and mix together then knead until it becomes a dough.
(2) Using a bit of flour to prevent sticking, roll the dough out into very thin 10-12 inch circles.
(3) In a separate bowl, mix eggs, salt, and spring onion together.
(4) Heat a large flat pan with cooking oil, then add an approx 10 inch circle worth of egg mixture to the pan.
(5) Add the « pizza toppings » you want on top of the egg, such as mozzarella cheese, proscuitto and tomato paste. The choices are as endless as what you would normally put on a pizza.
(6) Cover the egg mixture with one of the pancake bases and let it cook for approx 30 seconds or until the egg is cooked.
(7) Flip the pancake pizza over and fry another minute or so until the dough is cooked.
(8) Move onto a large plate and eat !